English | Spanish Hacer un lazo enroscando parte de la cadena en la abertura ovalada en cada extremo. Deslice el lazo sobre el pie del becerro, por encima de la coyuntura. Luego, hacer un medio nudo al torcer la cadena para crear un lazo, y envolver el lazo alrededor del área entre el dedo aberrante […]
Properly applying obstetrical (OB) chains to a calf’s feet and legs is an important technique to master. Watch the video below to learn how to properly apply chains so that you are prepared when the time comes to use this technique. Always consult with your veterinarian if you have any questions. Videos are available in both English and Spanish and can be accessed directly on YouTube as well.
- Confined Animal Feeding Operations: Why, What…Pros & Cons
- Diagnosing and Monitoring Ketosis in Dairy Herds
- Managing Pain in Youngstock-Wisconsin Public Televisions’s University Place Series
- Strategies for Nonpregnancy Diagnosis in Dairy Cows
- The Role of Nutrition in Reproduction
- Treatment and Prevention of Subclinical Hypocalcemia
- Using Drugs Responsibly on Dairy Farms
- What the Cows are Telling us About their Transition Needs
Paul M. Fricke, Professor of Dairy Sciences, gives a talk about Pregnancy Diagnosis in Dairy Cows using PAG Levels in Blood and Milk.
Kevin Herb, Becky Larson, Cheryl Skjolaas, John Shutske, and Jeff Nelson discuss what you need to know to keep yourself, your employees, and your livestock safe.
With changes taking place in feed testing in commercial labs, Randy Shaver & Luiz Ferraretto help make sense of what’s showing up on the reports that nutritionists and farmers are looking at.
UW-Extension Milk Quality Veterinarian Pam Ruegg shares in this UW-Extension Dairy Science Webinar series research findings associated with the recently published Impact of Bedding Choice on Udder Health Freestall Herds.
In this presentation, Dr. Kent Weigel discusses genomic selection for feed efficiency in dairy cows.
A four part video series covering:
- Where We Are and Why We Are Here: A Look at the Dairy Markets, Nutrient Availabilitym
- Agronomics and Water Quality Issues Associated with Landspreading Milk
- Applicable Wisconsin DATCP and DNR Rules and Regulations for Landspreading milk
- Managing Milk in Manure Storage, Handling and Treatment Systems
English | Spanish Mira este video para para ver esta técnica demostrada. Consulte con un veterinario si tiene preguntas.