Videos: Industry sponsored webinars featuring UW-Extension and UW-Madison Faculty
- Confined Animal Feeding Operations: Why, What…Pros & Cons
- Diagnosing and Monitoring Ketosis in Dairy Herds
- Managing Pain in Youngstock-Wisconsin Public Televisions’s University Place Series
- Strategies for Nonpregnancy Diagnosis in Dairy Cows
- The Role of Nutrition in Reproduction
- Treatment and Prevention of Subclinical Hypocalcemia
- Using Drugs Responsibly on Dairy Farms
- What the Cows are Telling us About their Transition Needs
Video: Pregnancy Diagnosis in Dairy Cows using PAG Levels in Blood and Milk
Paul M. Fricke, Professor of Dairy Sciences, gives a talk about Pregnancy Diagnosis in Dairy Cows using PAG Levels in Blood and Milk.
Video: Manure Gas Safety
Kevin Herb, Becky Larson, Cheryl Skjolaas, John Shutske, and Jeff Nelson discuss what you need to know to keep yourself, your employees, and your livestock safe.
Video: Making Sense of Modern Feed Tests
With changes taking place in feed testing in commercial labs, Randy Shaver & Luiz Ferraretto help make sense of what’s showing up on the reports that nutritionists and farmers are looking at.
Video: Impact of Bedding Choice on Udder Health of Freestall Herds
UW-Extension Milk Quality Veterinarian Pam Ruegg shares in this UW-Extension Dairy Science Webinar series research findings associated with the recently published Impact of Bedding Choice on Udder Health Freestall Herds.
Video: Update on the project for genomic selection for feed efficiency in dairy cows
In this presentation, Dr. Kent Weigel discusses genomic selection for feed efficiency in dairy cows.
Video Series: Considerations for Landspreading Milk-NPM & UW-Madison Extension
A four part video series covering:
- Where We Are and Why We Are Here: A Look at the Dairy Markets, Nutrient Availabilitym
- Agronomics and Water Quality Issues Associated with Landspreading Milk
- Applicable Wisconsin DATCP and DNR Rules and Regulations for Landspreading milk
- Managing Milk in Manure Storage, Handling and Treatment Systems
Properly Snaring a Calf’s Head
English | Spanish This video shows a demonstration of the proper technique to snare a calf’s head, a technique used during calving assistance. Always consult with a licensed veterinarian or qualified animal professional for questions and training. Properly snaring a calf’s head video transcript Properly snaring a calf’s head. Use a chain that is at […]
Deciding when a dairy cow starts her second career
Body condition is an important consideration when deciding when a dairy animal retires into her “second career”. Thin cows with poor condition are often discounted at sale barns, so evaluating which cows may be candidates for improving condition is an important consideration prior to shipping a cull cow to get the most value. It is also important to note that adding condition may be necessary for animal well-being prior to transport.
Field Drying Forage for Hay and Haylage
If we understand and use the biology and physics of forage drying properly, not only does the hay dry faster and have less chance of being rained on, but the total digestible nutrients (TDN) of the harvested forage are higher.